Monday, April 10, 2006

A great war movie

The Great Raid, one of the few movies which has suceeded in potraing the WWII as it was, Brutal. You dont see much gory scences or killings (compared to the other was movies) but the story puts things for your consideration. Like its said in the movie, saving the lives of 500 prisoners-of-war is of no strategic importance but no one in really cares or thinks about that. War is not cool.

I agree wars in movies are fun to watch, which is the problem. I feel they shouldnt be.

You thought I will give you the story of the movie? Nah, go here and search: www.imdb.com

Although I am always happy to guide you to the site that will.

Later.

1 comment:

Nabila Jamshed said...

The part about war movies not being fun - reminds me of Dulce et decorum est, pro patria more. A Horacian line that means "its pleasant and proper to die for your country." Poem by Wilfred Owen of the same name, challenges the notion.