Monday, August 07, 2006

More about cellphones and landlines...

Here was one comment that I felt like posting as a separate post cause I didnt know this thing happened:

Ian's Comment on "Cellphones and Landlines":

"The only reason we still maintain a landline is because of parental concerns: 911 calls from cell phones don't necessarily go to the right dispatcher, and when your toddler is bleeding out his eyes, you might need those precious few extra seconds.

Personally, I'd just as soon lose the extra bill and take my chances.

Ian"

2 comments:

English Good One said...

mister Codet try dialling the fire station 101 or the police station 100 from your cell phone in India, you may not get connected. So the moral of the story is landline phones are a must-have in India at least.

Sunrunner said...

I've been connected to the wrong dispatch numerous times both in my own neighborhood and on the road to and from work. It happens all too frequently. And how will 911 do the reverse calling that has been proposed to potentially replace the emergency broadcast system?

Sunrunner a.k.a. Mrs. Edog